*** DISCLAIMER: This blog is Rated PG19. I will be swearing and making sexual innuendos. Deal with it or change the channel......

Sunday, 16 September 2012

Day 10 - Waldport to Northbend/Coos Bay

Good Morning All!  Happy Sunday. As I am typing this I am having issues uploading pictures with this wifi so in case no pics are posted, SORRY!  But I will post when it works.

I was too busy gambling and drinking last night to post, so you get a sober me instead!  Be thankful.

Yesterday we left the KOA at Waldport and headed south to Northbend/Coos Bay.  We have reservations at the Mill Casino for 2 nights which is great becuase EVERYTHING is booked up!  It's quite insane really.  We woke up yesterday to clear skys.  The fog had lifted and thank god becuase there were some nice views on the drive!

Before we left the KOA we took Sophie for a walk down to the beach. 

I got a shoe full of sand and water but it was all in good fun!

To answer Laurie's question since she is the ONLY ONE leaving comments.....geez come on people, are you reading this thing or what!?  Sadie hasn't been making too many trips to the beach with us becuase she is still taking it pretty easy with her bad knees.  We are actually amazed how far she is walking but really don't want to overdue it.  That and the fact that anytime she is near water and someone is in the water (even just their feet) she feels the need to rescue them and freaks out!  Strange girl! Anyways - while walking there was a guy wearing tall Ugg boots.  Maybe I am out of it when it comes to fashion but seriously.....they must have been his wife's or something.......

The road was very twisty and rough but it sure paid off when we stopped at Cook's Chasm Bridge.  I should mention that we got a new camera becuase the old one was dropped a few too many times and was covered in sand.  Oh wait - I think I may have mentioned that already.  Anyways, the new one is awesome.  It takes 10 frames per second and has a panaramic and 3d panaramic setting on it.  I took a panaramic at Cook's Chasm so I really hope I can upload it for you all as it's pretty freaking amazing!!

Pretty amazing view!!!
After the viewpoint we pulled over at another one along the way to see the spectacular views.  Our next stop was the sea lion caves.  Now this stop was a little disappointing.  We were going to go down into the caves but there was only one sea lion in there and she could leave at any second.  So, it would have been $25 spent for nothing but taking pics of a view.  Apparently there were another 30 or so laying out, but we felt like our money would be better spent at the Woodburn Outlet mall in Portland.  So we headed off. 

We rolled into the Mills Casino RV Park at about 1:00.  Our site is right on the bay and the view is pretty spectacular.  We can walk to the casino or take a shuttle bus if it's too windy or if we are stumbling too much.  We did a trailer clean, stripped the bed and did a couple loads of laundry before heading off for dinner.

This is the highlight of the trip for Pops and the reason we are staying here.  At the buffet restaurant at the casino, they have a seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday nights.  They have an early bird price if you go between 4 and 5.  With my parents being seasoned buffet veterns, they like to get there early before people are gross and take their dirty plates up, etc.  The early bird price for seniors was $16 and I think for us $21.  They left a bit before us as we had to finish up our laundry and pee the girls.  So we got there at about 4:15.  The reason I don't know how much it cost us is because we actually ate for free.  We know nothing about buffets and we just walked in, looked at the lady at the front and said oh, we are with them.  We sat down with my parents and headed for the buffet.  Apparently, you pay as you walk in.  We didn't.  And we didn't ever get charged for it either!  Haha the funny thing is that there was hardly anyone in the place when we got there, so she should have known we weren't paid for!  We did buy a bottle of wine, so felt like we spent SOMETHING there! 

The buffet was out of this world!  They had everything from smoked salmon to an oyster bar, crab legs to peel and eat shrimp, fried oysters and mussels, clams, pasta, rice, potatoes, vegetables, beef, pork, more seafood, not to mention a huge salad bar and dessert bar.  Pretty awesome for free!!! 

Me - Warming up at the fire outside the casino


Trent and Pops were in heaven with the all you can eat crab!  They got their fill in and we all left at different times so we weren't caught at the door dining and dashing!  Hahaha  We wandered around the casino and signed up for the players club which got us $5 free in slot play and $5 free on the table games.  I played a bit of roullette and lost.  We then headed for the craps table.  OMG new favorite game!  Since I was feeling pretty good by this point (I forgot to mention we had a happy hour at the trailer before dinner) I was super excited to get to throw the dice!  I only threw off the table twice - not bad I thought since I was slightly inebriated!  I did get yelled at by the pit boss, but she got over it.  We played craps for a good half hour or so until some douchbag rolled a 7 and cleared the table.  We walked away $25 up so that was good!  I played the slots for a bit and we left the casino at about 8:00 and were $60 up!  Woo hoo!  I can't wait to get back to the craps table tonight!

I was asleep by 9:00 last night and had a great sleep on the ocean!  That brings us to today.  There is a market in Coos Bay this morning and the area is covered in sand dunes.  We are hoping to go dune bugging at some point today!  It should be fun!  I will take our old camera for that.  The new one doesn't need to be filled with sand just yet!

Fingers crossed that this fog lifts and we can get some nice views of the bay!  Have a wonderful Sunday and I will post pics when I can.

Love Love to All!
Another great shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment